Is Fostering Hard?

Many people ask, “isn’t it hard to foster? Doesn’t it break your heart to let them go?”

I’m not going to lie, yes, it’s hard, every single time. The result though, is that I’m able to see the hard work that i put into raising something go on to make someone happy for the rest of their lives.

What is fostering? It’s loving something selflessly and making it as wonderful as you can so that someone else can enjoy it. It’s an art.

Why did I start? I already have more than my fair share of pets, but I was incomplete. I have severe depression, ptsd, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, adhd...etc... despite that I live a fulfilling life and I’m successful, but I wasn’t doing anything for me. I unintentionally began fostering. A person I didn’t know needed help, someone flaked on helping with the kittens. I loved it.

I had these two, tiny, angry fur balls that hated humans and I needed them to feel love. I’ll post more about them in “psycho and vertigo”.

After they found homes, I felt complete. I had loved something, given myself a task, and completed it. I decided I wanted to do it as much as I could.

I’ll be updating this blog as often as I can and sharing my stories and experiences in more detail.



Comments

Popular Posts