Elvira

I’m sure I have these out of order, but I’m writing as I think about them. Elvira was the angriest monster. She was fluffy and spitting at me. We had to pick her up to sex her and when I scruffed her she tried to bite me so I kissed her face. She was furious with me!! She always made the cutest little noise that sounded like a kid whining.

Most black cats have a touch of white somewhere, I could never find her white spot. She had a cage friend for a while, Frank Sinatra’s, who was shy and just needed to come out of his shell. I’m not entirely sure if she was supposed to be a shelter foster or what, but I posted her too soon. I don’t consider her a failure, but I should’ve worked with her more one on one. She was playful and sweet, slept on me at night, but I didn’t see the fear in her eyes until she was in a home.

Now the plus side of this is that I learned when to tell if they are 100% ready, she lives with someone I am now good friends with, and she is adored. Unfortunately, she is cat dependent and reclusive.

Elvira, now Mavis, is a long haired black cat who lives with a good friend of mine. 









Comments

Popular Posts